My Photo
Name:
Location: Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States

Monday, August 30, 2010

Um.....It's been a while...

So much for daily entries. Oh well. Make this my "once in a while" blog. ;> I'm still puttering along. Not much has changed. I won an honorable mention in a doll contest. I won a new Delilah Noir doll. I am looking forward to receiving her in the mail. Here is the link to the site:
http://www.delilahnoir.com/Articles.asp?ID=236 I entered at the last minute and I didn't take the time to add the polish so I figure that an honorable mention is pretty cool. I am going to sew today. I have been getting up earlier which is a good thing. I want to start taking the corgie's for a walk each day. I went to see Doc. Brown and he said a lot of what I am dealing with health wise is directly related to all the stress I am under these days. I may call him back to ask for some blood tests so we can rule out stuff like Mono.

I have become fascinated by a story on MSNBC about a woman named Huguette Clark. She is a recluse heiress who also collects and loves dolls. Everyone is worried that she is being controlled by her attorney and her accountant. Supposedly she wants no contact with the outside world including her relatives. She has no children and is divorced. She is reported to have admitted herself into a hospital in New York. I can't help but wonder what she does all day every day. She is 104 years old. I hope and pray that she isn't just lying there in a hospital bed with no one to talk to and nothing to do. Does anyone ever read to her? Does she at least have a tv to watch? Does she ever buy new dolls to play with? Does she ever get to sit outside in a garden somewhere? I know what it is like to "go hermit".

I am tempted to send her one of my fairy dolls but I don't know how to get it past her attorney and accountant. Supposedly, all the cards and flowers sent to her are refused. The "Legal Duo" sold one of her Renoir Paintings and her Stradivarius violin under fishy circumstances and now they are selling one of her properties in Conn. Ever since the article by Bill Dedman was published there has been an outcry by the public to find out if she is ok. The Manhattan district attorney's office is looking into how Huguette Clark is being cared for and how her finances are being handled. The city Human Resources Administration confirmed it's working with prosecutors on Clark's case and has been in touch with the unnamed hospital where she lives. I hope that they work quickly so that her remaining years are filled with people who love her and will care for her. I so hope the hospital staff is kind to her and spends time with her so she isn't so alone. I think she is being isolated on purpose by her attorney and her accountant. It doesn't matter if she is rich or poor...Solitude is both a blessing and a curse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home